Welcome back to our blog on the top honeymoon destinations of 2018. In part one of this series, we looked at some incredible vacation resorts and cities in Jamaica and Italy. In part two, we’ll take a look at some popular destinations in Hawaii and the Bahamas.
Hawaii remains to be one of the most popular honeymoon spots for couples. If white sandy beaches, crystal blue waters, and soaring mountains sound appealing to you, you just may want to book your honeymoon vacation here. One of the best things about Hawaii is the fact that there are six main islands each with their very own attractions. This means that you’ll have the opportunity to choose which island resonates best with you and your loved one. Some of the most popular Hawaii islands for honeymooners include:
As the second-most visited island in Hawaii, people from all over the world flock to this gorgeous tourist destination. If you like beaches, you’ll be happy to know that Maui has an abundance of must-see beaches where you can get some sun, drink a cold beverage, and enjoy time with the one you love (this is especially true along the West Coast). Some fun facts about Maui include:
- Maui’s nickname is “Valley Isle.” This is because the island sits between two mountains.
- According to Maui law, no one can own a beach on the Hawaiian island.
- Sick and tired of seeing large billboards as you drive down the highway? In Maui, you don’t have to worry about this nuisance. Other than some traffic and safety signs, Maui does not have billboards, which means you can enjoy the natural landscape around you without having your view obstructed.
- Maui is home to Haleakala, which is the largest dormant volcano in the world. This volcano is big enough to hold the entire island of Manhattan!
- There are 81 accessible beaches that you can visit on Maui. You’ll even find beaches with red, white, gold, and black sand.
- If whale watching sounds like a fun honeymoon activity, Maui is the place to go. Each winter, an amazing 3,000 whales visit Maui waters.
- Temperatures in Maui range from 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit year-round.
Kauai is the Hawaiian island of romance, making it ideal for honeymooners and couples. Also known as “Garden Isle,” Kauai is the greenest Hawaiian island of them all. From scenic beaches, to snorkeling and windsurfing adventures, Kauai has everything you need. Let’s take a look at some fun facts about Kauai:
- Kauai is the fourth largest island in the Hawaiian Island Chain.
- There have been more than 60 movies filmed on Kauai. Some of the most popular include Jurassic Park and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- The island’s highest waterfall is Waipoo in Waimea Canyon. This waterfall drops an impressive 800 feet!
- With more than one million visitors a year, one-third of the island population (at any given time) is made up of tourists and visitors.
- Kauai’s Building Code says that “no building shall be taller than a Coconut Palm.” This means that there is a four-story limit on all vertical construction on the island.
If you feel the Caribbean calling your name, consider booking your honeymoon in the Bahamas. With perfect temperatures all year-round, gorgeous beaches, and fun outdoor activities, this one-of-a-kind destination is a wonderful option for newlyweds. If you need help choosing a resort, consider the popular honeymoon options below.
On the gorgeous island of Great Exuma you’ll find the Grand Isle Resort & Spa. At this upscale resort, you’ll enjoy oceanfront and resort view villas that are fully furnished and include the highest amenities. With a total of 79 villas, a large golf course, an on-site spa, and a poolside restaurant, there’s always something to do at this honeymoon destination.
- Each vacation villa has a washer, dryer and full kitchen
- This resort offers free non-motorized water sports
- Enjoy a modern fitness center and free Wifi
Since its opening in 1962, The Ocean Club (A Four Season’s Resort) has been a must-see for honeymooners and celebrities alike. Located on an impressive 5-mile stretch of a natural beach on Paradise Island, this vacation resort offers incredibly luxurious suites for visitors to enjoy. Each suite features a flat-screen television, private balconies or patios, and impressive modern bathrooms with separate walk-in steam showers and even soaking tubs. You can enjoy yoga classes that are held on an oceanfront deck, or you can spend the afternoon playing 18-holes of golf at the golf course. Some other things you may enjoy are:
- Jaw-dropping ocean views
- Six tennis courts and an 18-hole championship golf course
- An indoor and outdoor fitness center
- Free champagne and strawberries delivered to your room each day
- An array of private outdoor gardens
If you’re looking for a hidden jewel in the Bahamas, make your honeymoon reservation at the St. Francis Resort. Situated on Stocking Island just off of the Great Exuma Island, you’ll enjoy up to 5-miles of white-sand beaches at this spectacular honeymoon destination. All of the guest rooms overlook the Atlantic Ocean, and with the beach just steps away, you won’t have to go far to take a dip in the water.
If you’re flying out of the Denver International Airport (DIA) and you’re looking for fast and convenient airport parking, be sure to park you car with ParkDIA. We offer an array of airport parking rates and options from which to choose, and with 7,500 parking spaces, we’ll always have one waiting for you.